Geissele MIAD® GEN 1.1 Grip Kit – TYPE 1 – FDE For Sale
MIAD® GEN 1.1 Grip Kit – TYPE 1 – FDE
The MIAD (MIssion ADaptable) GEN 1.1 Grip is a drop-in replacement for the standard AR15/AR10 grip, now available in two dedicated configurations to fit most receivers. It is designed to improve ergonomics with interchangeable front and rear straps for personalized hand fit, an aggressive texture for positive weapon control, and is compatible with all Magpul grip cores to adapt to various storage needs.
This update to the original MIAD has improved strap retention and also comes standard with the newest grip core that holds an included 1/2 oz. lubrication bottle.
Two sizes are available- this TYPE 1 Kit (MAG520) fits most 5.56×45 and 7.62×51 AR receivers and the TYPE 2 Kit (MAG521) which is required for some 7.62×51 size receivers*. All mounting hardware is included.
MIAD® GEN 1.1 Grip Kit – TYPE 1 – FDE Specification
- Replacement for AR15/AR10 pistol-grip*
- Removable and replaceable front and rear straps for a custom fit over multiple hand sizes
- Improved ergonomics and positive anti-slip texture on both sides and rear back-strap
- Removable inner core holds a reusable 1/2 fl oz. lubrication bottle (oil not included)
- Custom waterproof storage of batteries (AA/AAA or CR123A) or spare bolt/firing pin (AR15/M4) is available with optional Storage Cores
- Each kit includes three backstrap sizes (S,M,L), two frontstraps (A1 and A2 style), lubrication bottle core, and dual-drive mounting screw
* NOTE: This TYPE 1 Kit fits all AR15/M4’s as well as many 7.62×51 variants such as the Aero Precision M5 308, CMMG MK3, CORE Rifle Systems CORE30, HK 417/MR762A1, LWRCI REPR, Mega Arms MATEN, POF P-308, Ruger SR-762, and SIG716.
The TYPE 2 Kit uses taller backstraps for optimized fit with certain 7.62×51 receivers such as the Armalite AR-10A/B/T, DPMS LR308, KAC SR25, LaRue OBR, LMT .308 MWS, Palmetto PA10, and S&W M&P10.
In general, the TYPE 1 Kit will fit most all 7.62×51 AR lower receivers but there may or may not be a gap between the backstrap’s ‘beavertail’ and the receiver. This gap is purely aesthetic and will not affect function.